Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Carla's Beautiful Blog and The Sister Trip

I am one of four children and the youngest of three girls. My sisters and I are all very different, very silly and (of course) so lovable. ;)

My oldest sister, Carla Jean, lives in Alabama. She is a music journalist and the managing editor of Birmingham Magazine. Carla Jean is, like I mentioned, quite silly. She has owned her domain (www.carlajeanwhitley.com) for years and just linked it to her blog. As we were talking this morning she mentioned that she'd like a new blog banner. She told the right girl, because within a few minutes she had one. Behold, Carla's new website:


You might be wondering why exactly this is blog-worthy. The answer is- I took both of the photos for her blog banner and her "about me" photo during our recent visit to New York City (the home of Crissy, the middle sister). While we were there we visited The Strand, a huge book store- 18 miles of books, to be exact. Crissy and I just had to laugh at the love in Carla Jean's eyes as we approached the store. I crept up on her to take these oh-so honest portraits:



And here is one more fun one from The Strand:


And a few more from our trip:

During our first day, we ate lunch at Grand Central Station. Carla Jean took this photo of me with her cell phone. I think it's kind of fun to see me and what I was shooting. :)


This is Union Square. We were in a store front above the square when I took the photo of Carla Jean's feet for her blog header- though at the time we had no idea we'd use the photo for anything.



I looove these photos from the walk to Time Square with Crissy.


Crissy took this photo of me surrounded by a sea of tiny people. :)






and a random street, The Empire State Building, and The Guggenheim (I la-la-la-love Frank Lloyd Wright)


It was a BLAST. Thanks Sisters. xoxo

6 comments:

Kayley said...

What a fun trip! I LOVE the banner you made! And all of the photos are beautiful (as usual). Looks like you guys had too much fun!

Marci said...

A-MAZING picutres!!! I'm glad you got to have a fun weekend with your sisters!!!

Cristin said...

Love you and your pictures! Come back soon. And you should probably help me make my blog prettier too... just saying

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Great shots of NYC, but I love the ones you took of Carla! You definitely captured the essence of who she is!

Kelley said...

What a fun time with the girls! I love the picture Crissy took of you!... and of course your photographs are AMAZING!

Kelley said...

What a fun time with the girls! I love the picture Crissy took of you!... and of course your photographs are AMAZING!